The ICGSE 2012 conference in Porto Alegre welcomes you!
August 27 - 30th 2012
>> ICGSE 2012 registration is now open.
To register visit: http://www.cvent.com/d/9cqqrf
Resolving the Challenges of Time and Distance
Software and IT industries are today truly global – and so is software engineering. The diversity of culture and the dispersion over time and space require novel techniques, tools, and practices from many disciplines to overcome challenges and to take advantage of all the opportunities that global software engineering offers.
The 7th IEEE International Conference on Global Software Engineering (ICGSE) brings together researchers and practitioners interested in solving the challenges of globally distributed teams. The ICGSE 2012 organizing committee invites academic and industrial communities to contribute to the expertise of the international global software engineering community.
Practice: Global Software Engineering addresses real-world challenges, and so we especially seek industry knowledge. We invite industrial participants to share observations and experiences in the conference by publishing papers and making presentations. Industrial experiences can be submitted by means of a half-page abstract.
Research: We also invite academic researchers to submit papers discussing GSE research and GSE education strategies. Papers presenting empirical evidence connecting industry and research are encouraged.
Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Strategic issues in distributed development: business models (offshoring, nearshoring, outsourcing etc.), business case development, work distribution models, supplier selection and management, cost-benefit-risk analysis
- Managing distributed software development: planning, team building, project and SLA management, managing diversity, measurements and evaluation
- Methods and tools for distributed software development: requirements engineering, design, coding, verification, testing and maintenance
- Communication, coordination and collaboration
- Knowledge management in distributed development
- Getting started with global software engineering
- Empirical studies of distributed teams and lessons learnt
- Software Process paradigms in the global environment (planned, agile etc)
- Teaching global software development
Authors of selected high-quality papers will be invited to submit an expanded version for a special section on Global Software Engineering in the Empirical Software Engineering Journal, published by Springer.
>> Camera-ready deadline for full paper, short paper, and poster authors has been extended to June 13rd. Please see more in Camera Ready section.
>> Workshop papers can be submitted until May 15th, 2012 (new submission date)
- All workshop submissions should be made electronically, in PDF format, through EasyChair: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icgse2012ws. The papers must follow the ICGSE 2012 Format and Submission Guidelines.
>> Industry extended abstracts can be submitted until May 21st, 2012.
- Submit your proposal for industry extended abstracts, summarizing global software engineering approaches and experiences in industry. Maximum length 2 pages.
Call for papers in pdf for download:
Note: The authors can submit a full paper even if they didn't submit an abstract.